We have 100′s of veils in stock in a variety of styles, trims and colours, most are brand new and custom made by Helen!
How to choose a veil
My personal opinion: These days, a lot of dresses are strapless and some with a corset back. In seeing many of them, the best match I have seen is a butt length veil in one or two tiers, with edging to match the gown or simply a cut edge so that it becomes ‘one’ with your gown!
Butt length is just perfect for most brides and occasions. For shorter brides, this length is great because it won’t create the illusion of making you look shorter that a longer veil would. (Hint… never cut your vertical profile in the lower half by having a veil that visibly ends in the bottom half of your body!) If you’re tall… you can go longer… fingertip/waltz, you name it. But not too short! It will be out of proportion with your height.
For drama… nothing beats a chapel or cathedral length veil. Two popular options are a cut edge – so it can blow in the wind, or lace edged to create a train.
Some Sweet options for your veil
- Colours: white, diamond white, ivory
- Trims: cut edge, ribbon (all widths, satin or organza), bias (double-sided ribbon… matte or satin), thin satin cording, round satin cording (rattail), lace and tons of other options.
- Embellishments: pearls, Swarovksi rhinestones, beads – clear crystal or irridescent, flower shaped crystals… you name it.
- Lengths: waist (29″), butt (32″) fingertip (42″), waltz (52″), chapel (7ft) and cathedral (9ft)… and anything in between.
- Tiers: 1, 2 or more!
- Cuts: top hem (standard), centre, oval cut
- Fullness: there is a variety from minimal to mushroom head!
In terms of pricing, here are the starting points for simple veils.
- Fingertip or shorter:
- 1-tier: $60
- 2-tier: $90
(These prices apply to cut edge, cording, ribbon, rattail (cording) and bias trim.)
- Waltz or longer (Chapel or Cathedral):
- 1-tier: $80
- 2-tier: $110 (blusher length)
We have some beautiful cathedral length lace edged veils starting at $120, or, you can bring your own lace, and ask Helen to work with you to create the perfect piece to match your dress.
We also have a few feather fascinators and birdcage veils for that vintage look! Availability changes… but there is often something in stock to suit your needs. We also highly recommend Karyn Gingras of Lilliput Hats to custom design the perfect piece for you and/or create perfect fascinators for your wedding party!