Appointments are necessary for veil consultation and you must already have purchased your dress.
We have 100′s of veils in stock in a variety of styles, trims and colours, most are brand new and made by Helen! Our veils are simple, classic and cost-conscious. You will not find fancy veils with beaded trims or applique unless we happen to have one knocking around that was donated.
How to choose a veil
My personal opinion: These days, a lot of dresses are strapless and some with a corset back. In seeing many of them, the best match I have seen is a butt length veil in one or two tiers, with edging to match the gown or simply a cut edge so that it becomes ‘one’ with your gown!
For drama… nothing beats a chapel or cathedral length veil. Two popular options are a cut edge – so it can blow in the wind, or lace edged to create a train.
Some Sweet options for your veil
- Colours: white, diamond white, ivory
- Trims: cut edge, ribbon (satin or organza), thin satin cording, round satin cording (rattail), lace and tons of other options.
- Embellishments: Swarovksi crystal can be scattered on your veil to pick up some sparkle and light
- Lengths: waist (29″), butt (32″) fingertip (42″), waltz (52″), chapel (7ft) and cathedral (9ft)… and anything in between.
- Tiers: 1, 2 or more!
- Cuts: top hem (standard). Some centre cut veils are in stock.
- Fullness: there is a variety from minimal to mushroom head!
In terms of pricing, here are the starting points for simple veils.
- Fingertip or shorter:
- 1-tier: $60
- 2-tier: $90
(These prices apply to cut edge, cording, ribbon, rattail (cording) and bias trim.)
Add scattered crystal: $30/tier
- Waltz or longer (Chapel or Cathedral):
- 1-tier: $80
- 2-tier: $110 (blusher length second tier)
Add scattered crystal: $50 on long tier
A note about lace: Lace varies in price from $1/metre to over $300/metre. If you would like a lace trimmed veil, you can bring me the lace and I’ll make it for you. I don’t keep a lot in stock because tastes in lace are like tastes in fine wine!!! Just because it costs a lot doesn’t mean anyone likes it ;)
Custom Pieces: If you don’t find the length/number of tiers you’re looking for on the racks, some can be made in custom lengths and/or have embellishments added. Prices vary for custom pieces.
We also have a few feather fascinators and birdcage veils for that vintage look! We also highly recommend Karyn Gingras of Lilliput Hats to custom design the perfect piece for you and/or create perfect fascinators for your wedding party! You do not need an appointment for fascinators or birdcage veils.