Donations can be dropped off without an appointment during our business hours (Sat 10-5, Sun 12-5, Wed 6-9)
We encourage you to leave a note for the next lucky bride, and feel free to include your email address if you would like the buyer to drop you a line!
At our Toronto location, we mostly sell gowns that are 5 years old or less due to client demands and space limitations! Please see below for dresses that are more than 5 years old. We also accept bridesmaid/mothers’ dresses.
- Do I need an appointment?
- No, you don’t. Please feel free to drop by during our shop hours (Wed 6-9, Sat 10-5 Sun 12-5) to drop off your donation.
- Does my dress need to be cleaned first?
- Absolutely not. They get tried on… sometimes several times… and being white-ish will show dirt easily. Our seamstresses are linked with cleaners to provide those services, and EVERYTHING comes out!! If you are donating a dress that has been cleaned, please leave the preservation box at home.
- Do you accept bridesmaid/mother of the bride dresses?
- Yes we do, and we pass them on directly to other charities.
- What if I’m not in Toronto?
- Don’t worry! We regularly receive dresses from all over Canada. If the gown is sent via Canada Post using the following hints, it shouldn’t cost more than about $15-20 to post it, and it will arrive in great shape.While this might sound odd, the best way to send it is to take it out of its ‘gown coffin’. Turn it inside out, and roll it up like a sleeping bag. Then pop it into the smallest box it will fit into. This is how gowns are sent from one of our major donors. The Brides’ Project address is on our home page.Also, if you’d like to include a note for the new bride, that would be great! It’s optional, but our clients love getting them. Notes are attached to the gown with any requests you have (e.g. for the new bride to drop you a line). So, feel free to do that if you like.
- What if my dress is more than 5 years old?
- There are many community groups who work with fixed/limited income clientele who repeatedly mention the value of a wedding gown to a bride on a fixed or limited income. In Toronto, try DoubleTake on Gerrard St.
- Do you issue tax receipts for individuals?
- We do not issue tax receipts. We do not fall under CRA guidelines for issuing tax receipts.
- Do you issue receipts for corporate donors?
We do issue receipts for corporate donors – We issue BUSINESS receipts. We need a statement of the value of the goods at the time of donation. We issue you a statement of the value for your accountant, and they are written off your inventory at that value. As your accountant will tell you, this allows you a great write-off while making a very meaningful and important contribution. Thank you.
Local Donation Drop-Off Spots
This is NEW… and we’re hoping to really build the list, so if you or anyone you can recommend might be willing to participate, drop us a line. Basically we just look for someone to collect dresses locally, and once several are ready, we’ll pay the shipping to our Toronto address.
1. Kitchener Waterloo:
Contact: Katerina Kotsirea